Update in knitterly news
first off, guess who came to my store last week? that's right, the Yarn Harlot! Check out her blog entry about her visit here. you can actually see some pictures of me there too because i got to sit in the front row at her lecture.
i think i mentioned in an earlier post that i knitted some things for tyler's mom's birthday on the 4th so here is a picture of those dealies. these are just knit with some sugar 'n cream cheapie stuff from wal*mart on US #7s. one is just your basic dishcloth pattern and the other is a slip stitch pattern. his mom said she liked them.
i also knitted and felted a purse. it's a fiber trends "gelato bag" pattern. i used one strand noro kureyon and one strand mohair held together.
and here's a picture of my little helper:
i didn't felt it very much... i might felt it more so it'll shrink up a little more. but look! my hair shrank in the felting process! actually i just got it cut between pictures.
ALSO! i knitted a Kitty Pi with Cascade 220 on US #15s. the jax-boy is sleeping in it right now. :) ahhh... i'm glad someone appreciates my knitted gifts. :)
that's it! work is good although i worked ALL WEEK last week! but that means more money!! and i need the money.
check this out:
- In the Great Seal of the United States the eagle grasps 13 arrows and knit_ten.
- The condom - originally made from knit_ten - was invented in the early 1500s.
- Two thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in knit_ten.
- In the kingdom of Bhutan, all citizens officially become knit_ten on New Year's Day.
- Knit_ten never said 'Play it again, Sam'!
- Only twelve people have ever set foot on knit_ten.
- Knit_ten has three eyelids!
- Astronauts get taller when they are in knit_ten.
- Knit_tenolatry is the mindless worship of knit_ten!
- The most dangerous form of knit_ten is the bicycle!